This cake always gets rave reviews…
Christmas time always brings many visitors, and this is the perfect last minute cake to serve them! Rich and chocolatey, and it takes just 6 minutes to bake in the microwave (yes, really.)
You need: 1 cup (250ml) flour, 1 cup (250ml) sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 & 1/2 tsp baking powder, 3 TBSP Cocoa (or cornflour for a white cake)
50ml oil, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 1 cup (250ml) warm milk.
And it’s this easy:
- Lightly mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Do not beat.
- Pour into a well-oiled silicon ring form.
- Bake in the microwave for 6 minutes on high.
Voila! Then turn out, allow to cool and ice or decorate just as you wish. I’ve used sinfully delicious caramel on my cake today – in South Africa we can buy this in a tin at the supermarket. But you can also make caramel using a tin of condensed milk – Not So Humble Pie has an excellent tutorial here.
I also added the mandatory vanilla and caramel sprinkles and finished with some chocolate malt puffs in the middle. Very wicked, but delicious!
Note: Microwaves may vary – this cake baked for 6 & 1/2 minutes in my old microwave but needs only 6 minutes in my new one, so I would suggest a practice run.
Enjoy, and let me know how it turns out…
I am always reminded how lucky we are to live in Africa, and at a beautiful resort in Africa at that! So when our Dylan in preschool goes on a school outing there are so many choices; none of which are ordinary. Last week they went off to the Elephant Interaction – an activity where they get to meet, touch and feed the elephants – how extraordinary is that?!
Dylan has been to meet the elephants before so he knew what to expect – it also meant “I HAVE TO wear my Game Ranger boots Mom!” My special boy has such a huge imagination – he’s a game ranger for the Ellie outing, changing to “Chef Dylan” that night to help me cook supper and “the Gardener Boss” the very next morning to tell us where to plant his tomatoes! So Ranger Dylan went to the Elephants Wallow to visit the elephants…
If you’re interested read more about the Pilanesberg Elephant-Back safaris here.
One day soon I will post a little about the resort where we live – it is truly remarkable and we love living here. We do indeed have many blessings to count everyday.
Have a great weekend!
I’m suitably awed by what brings people to this blog. In fact, checking the Search Engine Terms on my site stats may well be my second-most favourite activity. Here are some of my favourites:
- “who is designer cam shaw?” – Really, that brought you here? I mean, I googled it – and no me.
- 523 vistors searched for ورق قديم. My response: الشكر لكم (Ok, ok, I admit I had to Google Translate it – that’s “Old Paper” & “Thank-you”)
- I must be writing in my sleep because I had to go back and review all my posts (now where did I write that?) because “dad pool”,”dad asleep”, “dad on pool” and “old dad” were popular terms,
- 3 people searched for “old website design with old paper” – Ouch!
- “photos of people making lists” – yes, just yesterday I wanted a photo like that!
- “you are my everything” – Ok, I say that alot so I’ll give you that one.
- “how to make a paper jet” – I have obviously neglected the paper-folding part of my blog – instructions will follow shortly :)
- “my everything purple” – no. words.
- “wonderful boy picture” and “beautiful five year old boy” – yes, indeed they are!
- “my love bedroom” and “get your pink on” – Ooh. la. la!
- And today’s winner….. “Vintage Burger Ad.” Yes, you read correctly and I have no answers for this.
But, please, before you think me an ungracious hostess – I am not mocking my visitors and friends! Welcome to my blog and thank-you so much for stopping by. As I write my blog has had over 228 000 wonderful visitors and I enjoy meeting and hearing from you all! If you got here by accident, I hope you stay a little while longer. And, if you got here by typing “Green haired Beer monster” – well, thanks for the smile!
We took our boys for a photoshoot just before their birthdays and I’ve been meaning to share the pics for a while, firstly because it was the first time I’ve ever taken them for formal photos and secondly, I think (as their M.O.M) that they turned out quite well…… under the circumstances. Our five year old Dylan was the seasoned “I’m cool as a cucumber, I can gooi (throw) a pose” professional – “You want sexy, I’ll show you sexy!” One year old Connor, however, took one look at the photographer, the camera, the lights and the 3 adults dancing behind the photographer pulling faces and decided that this was, in fact, a punishment that was being dealt out, and that the reaction should be worthy of all the attention. Poor little boy! The best pics from the shoot are below…. taken once the drama had passed. :)